Tuesday, March 23, 2021

DFI

 Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort 1, 2021

Day 7- Devices


Ubiquitous learning: Anytime, Anywhere, Any pace


Ubiquitous learning helps in removing barriers (time, place, pace). It allows learners to learn at their own pace, any time and anywhere.  Being myself an online learner , I have seen the advantages of  the Ubiquitous learning for myself. If I missed or couldn't understand something during the DFI sessions as it was too fast for me, I know I always have the option of rewindable learning and can go back to the learning content and learn at my own pace. Teachers who had their sites up and running last year during the lockdown was a good example of providing Ubiquitous learning for their learners.


Cybersmart


We also looked at  'Being Cybersmart'  and using the positive Cybersmart language. Cybersmart learners knows how to confidently use their device, respect others online, make use of most of the opportunities for learning. They are always at right place, at right time and doing the right thing. They know what information to keep private or public. It's really important that students understand how to be Cybersmart especially when they are blogging. As a teacher, I would be playing an important role in making my student understand it in order for my learners to be successful digital citizen.


Devices 


Today's session was about devices where we got the opportunity to explore the use of chromebooks and ipads. We did the digital dig activity on the chromebook to get an understanding of the different functions of the keys on the keyboard and compare it with the keyboard on the mac. We also looked at Explain Everything app. and screencastify. As my class is given 1:1 chromebooks for my learners, I find the drag and drop activity will be helpful for my students to familiarise themselves with the keys on the keyboard.

Today I felt very draining and found the session too fast for me. Following are my create activities that I managed to do today.













1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Gurpreet. We did cover a lot this week and from the creations you've shared on your blog it looks like you've learn a huge amount! Like you said, all the resources are fully rewindable. So if this week was a bit fast for you, you can always go back and have another go with the links from the agenda. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort 1, 2021

 Day 9- External recognition Today is the last day of our DFI session. It has been an amazing 9 weeks journey despite of sometimes feeling o...