Friday, March 19, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort, 1 2021

       Day 6- Enabling Access Sites

                           Connected

Today we got a deep insight of another very important element of Manaikalani Pedagogy i.e Connected. We learnt how important it is for us to create a powerful network as it creates so many opportunities for us to learn from each other. The act of sharing creates connections and it should be give and take relationship. Today Dorothy shared that many regions are part of the Manaikalani cluster and Manaikalani programme is designed to bring the people together. 





Today we also got the opportunities to evaluate other teacher's class sites. We looked into 2 important aspects of creating sites i.e Visual Appeal and User friendly.
The learning I am taking away after doing these evaluations is that in order to maximise the visible teaching and learning, I need to consider the following things when creating my class sites:

  1. Is the site user friendly and accessible?
  2. Is it engaging and hooking the learners/parents/ other teachers?
  3. Is it personalised for my leaners ?
  4. One stop hub for learning
  5. Information for the parents
  6. weekly overviews/ timetables
  7. Consistency through all the year groups.
  8. Archived to the previous contents.
  9. 3 clicks and should be taking the learners to the learning page

I will be working on the feedback I got from my peers in my bubble group to make my site more effective for my learners. Today I set up 3 goals for my class site and I am happy to have achieved 2 goals. I spent quite a good time on creating buttons on my home page. But I am happy with my final output. 






I have also added labels into my blog as this will help in showing only those posts that are under that particular label.






2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Gurpreet. It's been great to see your class site develop over the last few weeks. The buttons look awesome. I'm glad you've thought about how older content will be archived on the site. Some people forget this and older content is lost. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort 1, 2021

 Day 9- External recognition Today is the last day of our DFI session. It has been an amazing 9 weeks journey despite of sometimes feeling o...