Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort 1, 2021

 Day 9- External recognition


Today is the last day of our DFI session. It has been an amazing 9 weeks journey despite of sometimes feeling overwhelmed. But I would say, I have definitely improved my digital fluency and digital skills through this programme. I am taking away lots of new knowledge and new learnings and I feel confident to use them in my classroom with my students as well as share it with my colleagues. 


Learning about the Manaikalani pedagogy was quiet inspiring and I remember how Dorothy always stressed that digital technology in the hands of effective teachers can help in transforming students lives. As my class has been given 1 on 1 devices this year, I feel  I have a big responsibility in making sure that me and my students make the best use of these devices in order to amplify the whole teaching learning process. Blogging is one of the area I need to motivate myself to keep continuing and share my experiences and expertise with other teachers and being open to receive comments from others to improve myself and vice versa. 


The learn, create, share  framework is another thing I am going to implement into my teaching practice this year and will make sure that students get most the opportunities to apply it in their learning as well. 
The knowledge about the google tools and their usage has surely improved my capabilities and their functionalities is definitely  time saving.


Every session of DFI has been very engaging, rich, interactive and productive. I feel privileged to get this opportunity to attend these sessions and would like to thanks all the facilitator of DFI's for enriching us with loads of digital knowledge, tips and skills. Really appreciate it.


Lastly, a good news to share on my blog, I PASSED my Google Level 1 Certificate exam, Yay !!




2 comments:

  1. Tino pai Gurpreet. Congratulations on passing the exam! It's awesome to hear that you plan to continue with your blog posts. Your school is on an exciting journey so it will be good to document it on your blog. Well done and all the best for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gurpreet, yes pretty exciting getting the results yesterday, congrats. I like the way you made the text colourful and interesting - I might use this in my blog also.

    ReplyDelete

Digital Fluency Intensive, Cohort 1, 2021

 Day 9- External recognition Today is the last day of our DFI session. It has been an amazing 9 weeks journey despite of sometimes feeling o...